Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hostile Work Enviornment

Apparently unbeknownst to me my job description was altered within the last few months I've been working at the bagel shop. It has become clear that babysitting has been added to the duties of shift supervisor. Who know that telling a young employee to do such tasks such as washing dishes, sweeping/mopping, or wrapping up food items would require me to watch over them like a proud mamma hen(or prison guard) to make sure the work got done the right way.

It has become apparent that the only way to deal with the situation is to use the oven to somehow blow up the bakery. Ok ok ok, it's a little drastic, but hey, a girl can dream! I've noticed that my manager's hiring criteria has slipped as of late. It used to be that in order to be hired you need to be available at certain times, and needed to have some sort of visible work ethic. Now it seems the criteria for being hired has changed to simply, having a pulse.

Even though things have become more and more tiresome at the bakery, the people watching scenery has continued to improve. As I mentioned the other day we have the crazies that could fuel conversations for days, the Main Line residents, and the regulars that somehow have motor skill disabilities as evidenced by the constant stream of sugar, milk and coffee on the condiment bar each and every time I walk past it.


On a completely different note, I would like to point that I am not the most politically minded person, but in light of recent crashes and politicians using their words as daggers I must point out that Sarah Palin must be the most ridiculous pic for VP I have ever had the opportunity to follow during a campaign. It has become apparent that the woman is clueless. If not for aides, and "dry runs" before interviews and campaigns she would be a HOT MESS instead of looking like an over-rehearsed pageant wannabe. Now I am not a huge SNL fan, but Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have become comic gold on that show. If not on Weekend update, the two of them always manage to make even the most serious of political faux pas the funniest damn thing on television. In honor of them I have included the last two skits they have done together as Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton and Sarah Palin and Katie Couric. I hope you enjoy!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

your anger is beauitful